“Children thrive in this highly stimulating learning environment. They make excellent progress in all areas of their learning. The curriculum is ambitious for all children, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities. A wide range of enticing, challenging learning experiences allows children to build and extend their skills.” OFSTED Inspector
“Free the child’s potential and you will transform him into the world.” Maria Montessori
At The Oak Montessori we feel that we are on a journey with you and your child. One where the child is leading and we are following, to facilitate and nurture their natural curiosity and intellect. We are privileged to be on this journey with you and we thought we would share a few things you can expect from The Oak Montessori approach:
1. The Unique Child: We offer an inclusive, child-centred approach to learning which allows for every child to advance at their own pace, developing their individual potential fully . We are focused on unearthing and supporting the inner wisdom of each child.
2. The Prepared Environment: Our learning environment is specifically prepared with Montessori materials to support all seven areas of the Early Years Foundation stage, cultivating ‘hands on’ experience and allowing for movement where children can progress. All areas of learning support each other seamlessly and our teachers act as guides when needed.
3. Independence: We encourage freedom of choice and movement between activities, allowing for each learner to develop independently at their own pace from the simple to the complex, challenging them to take risks with independent investigation and multi-sensory learning.
4. Empowerment: We have a Montessori mixed-age classroom structure called Vertical Grouping, designed for children to interact and engage with all ages. Older children act as role models, giving them a sense of empowerment, whilst younger children gain self-confidence and inquisitiveness.
5. Respect: We have a culture of respect; for our teacher-child relationships, our families, our local communities, our natural environment and our global communities. A child’s personal dignity lies at the centre of our culture, dictating how we interact with each other through opportunities and challenges.
6. Wellbeing: We support the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of each child. We offer a positive learning journey with a focus on cultural, social, moral and spiritual development, fostering emotional intelligence and empathy. A focus on the understanding of self and others acts as a strong foundation for us all.
These elements above allow for a child to thrive and learn with ease and joy. They underpin the dynamic thinking of our little learners, cultivating independent, confident thinkers who have a voice and know how to use it.